Monday, March 9, 2009

Dewa Graduation

On March 8th I woke up no feeling the may west! But it was 7am and I had to get up for graduation day #2, Dewa junior high school, my main school.

I was assigned my seat in the teacher section in the gym, and was not too excited when I saw where it was. Sitting beside the brass band was good because I was surly not going to fall asleep for too long but sitting beside the horn player as not what any person with a hangover should have to endure! This picture was taken from my seat, and I had to lean back to take it!!


The ceremony was very similar to Ouchi's graduation; this was just bigger as there are more students. We had 53 graduating students, and one of the students I saw for the very first time! I asked my teacher about it though I didn't understand her answer. Apparently that student and 3 others that I had never met also graduated!



The weather was much better so the picture session outside was much more pleasant. Although I think there were far more criers today than yesterday. I took plenty of photos today.


I will miss many of these students. Two in particular, the ones who did the speech contest with me last September, both students actually really like English and were always happy to talk with me. Most students get excited when they see the ALT but all they usually ever say is "Hello".

No comments:

Post a Comment