Monday, April 13, 2009

Bridges

On the way back from the sand onsen we stopped in Yokote and went to Heian no Kazewataru Park (平安の風わたる公園), located just outside the city, to see the funky dragon style bridge that they have there. It's called Sanren no Taiko Bridge (三連の太鼓橋) or Goose Bridge (雁橋). I had seen it listed on a brochure a long time ago and had asked people about it but nobody could tell me where it was. So on Sunday we went to the city hall and asked there. It always surprises me how people can not know about things like this in their local area!


The park here is actually huge! And has a load of different stuff available, including fishing, park golf, and an onsen in the centre of the park, which I plan on trying out the next time I go there.


The bridge reminded me of Kintai-kyo (錦帯橋) in Iwakuni, Yamaguchi. I went there the first time I visited Japan in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment